[OZAPRS] VK2RMC-1

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Tue Nov 1 17:01:04 EST 2011

All,

It was recently reported to me that vk2rmc-1 may not be working - I
currently have no aprs gear set up to confirm this. The FM828 heatsink
was warm which indicates the digi was doing some (regular) transmitting.

Today I removed the radio and TNC so that I can give them the once over
on the "bench". This exercise will provide me with an opportunity to
marry up a Site Alert unit that was built up and functioning, but
gathering dust for a couple of years and, to install a different power
supply.

Does anybody on this list have a State Machine kit for a Tiny 2 that can
be swapped for cash? I can import one from Pacomm but better to ask here
first. With a State Machine installed in the Tiny 2, I can replace an
MFJ1270B with something smaller, more modern and more efficient.

Ray vk2tv