[OZAPRS] OZAPRS Digest, Vol 22, Issue 7

Pete vk3tbn at hotmail.com
Sat May 14 08:34:08 EST 2011

Foul =

Eight Octas of cloud at 500 ft or less wind at 30 to 40 knots, gusts up to 50, temp 7, dew point 5. About 15 mm of rain in 1/2 hour. Visibility less than 500 meters in almost horizontals sheets of rain.

Minor flooding in local creek, all the trees in the city lost their leaves, boxes blown down the street,  people struggling to walk with umbrellas inside out......
ie a squawl line and associated front crossed the Melbourne area.

Does this help define foul? ;-)

Regards

Pete

Regards