[OZAPRS] What setting Arriss ?

Gary Stern vk2zbb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:16:07 EST 2011

Yesterday, (tuesday) whilst driving, I heard it go over 3 times. whilst
on monday only once (around Emerald, Qld).

I suspect the stack co-linear antenna on the vehicle, whilst great for
normal mobile, has an radiation angle which is too low for sat work.
When I get time I will arrange a standard 1/4 wave for the roof of the
vehicle or try a thru glass unit I have.

I was actually listening on the 30M aprs frequency and was surprised at
the amount of traffic breaking squelch, I intend to get a tt4 and hook
it up for that (actually listening and plotting whats heard as well).

Gary