[OZAPRS] Winlink messaging via APRSLink using D-710

Halabut, Christopher (CLY) halabut at ppg.com
Wed Mar 23 20:06:16 EST 2011

Hi all, Has anyone had success in setting up a D-710 to use the Winlink message system and new APRSLink software method.
I have been able to send email messages from the D-710 but have never even received a "message sent" confirmation from Winlink.
In fact , I have not been able to receive any messages from the Winlink system.
The site mentions the I-Gates (Internet to RF Gateways) need to be configured to forward Winlink messages to APRS users. I am running out of D-710 settings and MSG commands to try to get this working and unless I have missed something obscure, am beginning to think maybe the VK I-Gates may not be setup to forward Winlink internet messages to RF?
Anyone have any ideas on how to get a D-710 setup to send and receive messages with the Winlink2000 system?
The APRSLink info at Winlink is  http://www.winlink.org/aprslink

Chris
vk3sot