[OZAPRS] Melbourne APRS Repeater

Tony King vk3api at people.net.au
Fri Mar 18 09:07:48 EST 2011

Hi All,
Is there still an APRS repeater for 145.175MHz  on Mt Dandenong?   I
seem to be gating a lot of traffic to the internet from all over the
Eastern and  S.E. suburbs most of which is direct and not through the
repeater as it used to go. I noticed similar activity in relation to the
other Igates closer in to Melbourne.

Incidentally the VK3RYV-1 digi is still lying about where it is. At the
moment it is running on a dummy load on my work bench and is getting
gated onto the inet via VK3API which is running on air about 1 meter
away. We are still short a cavity to install RYV at its final location.
I have just been giving it a soak test for a week or so and it will then
go off again until we can organise a cavity.
                                                                                                Regards Tony VK3API