[OZAPRS] Foundation licences

Craig Turner craig at craigturner.id.au
Thu Jun 23 19:30:51 EST 2011

Nothing wrong with another station putting out objects on RF. That
station owner accepts responsibility for the RF output of his station.

The main reason why F calls aren't allowed to us data over RF is avoid
an inexperienced user from using misconfigured equipment. If the RF is
being conducted by equipment set up and operated by an appropriately
licenced operator, then no harm is done.

The licencing system is there to ensure people have the appropriate
competencies for the freq and mode they are using, if the F call is
using software to inject his call into the IS, and another appropriately
licenced operator is gating it to RF, then no harm done.