[OZAPRS] Foundation licences

Matt Maguire vk2acl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 17:53:25 EST 2011

Most likely the object is arriving at your computer via APRS-IS (Internet) rather than RF. Glen is using the OpenAPRS app on his iPhone, which as Gerard said, connects directly to the APRS-IS servers directly over Internet. If you are receiving these packets over RF, then it suggests someone has a badly configured IGate, as you would normally see only directed APRS messages being gated to RF.