[OZAPRS] UBS to RS 232 Port

Damien Gardner Jnr vk2tdg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:37:45 EST 2011

I have 30 or so of these darned things - as long as you have the correct drivers, they're fantastic..  Have the wrong drivers, and you're in for a world of pain :)   When I upgraded my notebook from Win XP to Win 7 (64-bit), I had to chase the original supplier for 64-bit drivers, but now that I have them, everything is good :)   Mine are all Prolific chipset, and work great.. - windows, install the drivers (first!!! DO NOT EVER plug in a usb->serial adapter BEFORE you've loaded the drivers, you'll NEVER get the bloody thing working if you do..), plug in, and you're good.. linux (and my mac for that matter), just plug it in, and voila, /dev/ttyUSBxx comes up :)

Cheers,

DG