[OZAPRS] Antenna upgrade ( Masts )

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 19 05:06:08 EST 2011

Hi,
      Well over the weekend I have raised my 40 mtr dipole from an inverted
V to a near flat top, I have only done 1 leg the other will be done this
week.

I have already noticed a huge increase in VK hits here and I looked at the
log this morning and I have a VK APRS station every hour from midnite to 0.7
00 NZST  this is the best recorded number of hits for me in a long time  ..

I will recheck later this week to see if it is propagation or better
placement of the antenna ..

VK2IO-4 is the best with about 4 hits per hour

VK7HSE-4   1 hit per hour

I would be interested in reports from others as well if I am getting more
hits in VK

73 Phillip
ZL2TZE