[OZAPRS] ISS Digi

Geoff Gatward geoff-lists at gatwards.org
Sat Jan 22 10:59:49 EST 2011

SGATE should be treated as a digipeater alias, not an endpoint.

i.e   APRS via ARISS,SGATE,WIDE2-1

Your GW should ideally have a rule like 'anything containing SGATE as
the next digi in the path gets digipeated on 145.175 via WIDE2-1'

When the digi'd packet hits you it should have had ARISS replaced by the
ISS alias - i.e.  APRS via RS0ISS-4*,SGATE,WIDE2-1

Problem is a lot of stations don't include the WIDE2-1 suffix, so you
may need to 'pre-empt' this into the path...

What software are you using as the gateway ??

Geoff VK8GG