[OZAPRS] WM-918

Howard Small howard at small.com.au
Sun Jan 16 13:12:40 EST 2011

Hi Ian

No worries and thanks for the site - I suspect that what was valid when
you put it up on the web site is still valid today. My WM-918 is the
standard one so the wind unit disassembly should be as per your
instructions.

I hit a road block at the point where I should fee the cable into the
unit then be able to pull the unit apart: it does not seem to fit the
description. However it could simply be that it is jammed up and that is
the problem - I have been loathe to force it.

Do I take it that I should be able to grip the shaft at the vane end and
pull it out? That has a nut on the base of the shaft which I assumed had
to be undone but perhaps this is to be undone once the assembly is
pulled out?

I can't afford to buy a replacement weather station even though Oregon
Scientific have the wireless one reduced to USD199 from USD499 at
present - a serious temptation - so wish to repair mine if at all
possible. Otherwise I will just not report wind data.

Thanks

Howard