[OZAPRS] Was Small GPS - Now Old Computers if you can call them that

Gordon Taylor gordon.t at internode.on.net
Mon Jan 10 22:06:07 EST 2011

And what about the big 8 inch floppies...they were floppy.

I used to program a National Semiconductors Scamp(SCMP) at Liddell Power
Station in the mid 80's that ran the Ash and Dust Plant.

You had to use the admin girls Northstar/Wordstar computer to compile the
code, then assemble it into HEX and finally burn Eproms in a big rack unit
with about 10 300mm x 300mm PC cards.

All this took a few hours and lo and behold if it had an error...ah well
have to chat up the girls again...

Regards,
Gordo VK4VP