[OZAPRS] PK232 (Revisited)

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Tue Jan 4 17:32:14 EST 2011

I've never found the PK-232 series modems to be reliable. All that '70s
era electronics gets mighty warm, the daughterboards and socketed ICs
get urges to shift out of their sockets and they lock up or freeze,
often requiring the bbRAM battery to be removed before they'll boot up
again.

MFJ's 127x series TNCs, while no more modern, have some HF capability
and in my experience work reliably for years.

73
Gavin.
--

       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
                MSN/Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au