[OZAPRS] Suggestion weather station (John Silver)

Philip Webb pwebb at aanet.com.au
Mon Feb 7 14:40:19 EST 2011

Hi,

On 07/02/11 11:35, Terry Neumann wrote:

[snip]

>> Many countries stipulate that wireless weather equipment must
>> transmit on specific radio frequencies. In many cases, only an
>> authorized reseller can provide the proper wireless product for their
>> country. Products made for sale in the U.S.A. and Canada cannot be
>> legally used in the EU, Australia, New Zealand, and many other
>> countries who follow different guidelines.
>>

> Fact or fiction I wonder ...............?
>
> 73
> Terry
> (Who is also contemplating a purchase, but not necessarily for APRS,
> but is seriously put off by the price)

An acquaintance of mine, recently had a discussion with a Radio
Inspector who was looking for the source of interference to Mobile Phone
services. It seems that the American frequencies in use for WX stations
and other equipment, are in our Mobile Phone band. My acquaintance
wasn't involved, the local farmers imported pump equipment was. His fate
is unknown.
If one purchases equipment using radio from the States, one needs to
specify Australian Frequencies.

73
Philip
VK4HPW