[OZAPRS] Suggestion weather station (John Silver)

John SILVER jsilver at ncable.net.au
Mon Feb 7 11:07:36 EST 2011

Hi all

I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 wired  WX ... I use Tiny Pac from Byonics
to fire the Davis into my transceiver without any requirement for a
computer running or UI-View32 being utilised.

There is a problem with this arrangement as the buffer in the TinyPac
seems to become saturated and the TX halts sending WX data.  I have
installed a relay using Arduino etc to reset the tinypac after each 6
hours this stops any problem.

I also use Weather Display 10.37e and save the output into a txt file
for sending onto ui-view etc...but for simplicity I prefer the simple
Byonics setup.........see www.byonics.com   for details.

Anyone considering buying a Davis station look overseas as the
Australian dealer prices are ridiculous and outrageous by comparison (I
know Australian warranty and buy local and all that stuff, so please
spare me your comments re this aspect!)

John VK3LJS Geelong