[OZAPRS] APRS 101 guide for newbies & 2 hops vs 3 hops

Nik Presser nikp007 at bigpond.com
Wed Feb 2 23:02:20 EST 2011

No worries Peter.

Regarding this one here...
2011-02-02 11:43:28 UTC: VK3BA-9>S8P6W1,TCPIP*,qAS,vk7dc:`H/6l 'k/]"4c}NIK Email-
Does that mean I've been heard by VK7DC (in Burnie) direct? Seems a bit odd to me, unless there's some nice 2m DX around tonight...

I've now got a reasonable handle on how the "pathing" works, but the one above is interesting. Also, I've seen some other VK3 beacons/packets go via VK3RPG then VK5REP then VK5ZEA (those last two are on the Eyre Peninsula) - amazing. Might be handy to use as DX indicators.

Cheers,

Nik Presser
VK3BA
Geelong