[OZAPRS] APRS with Foundation license

Darryl Ross d at vk5hz.com
Mon Oct 4 09:55:37 EST 2010

Hi Andrew,

If you read your copy of the LCD (Schedule 3A), Foundation licencees can
only use modes 16K0F3E or 16K0G3E on FM, which is broken down to:

  16K0  - 16KHz wide bandwidth
  F / G - frequency or phase modulated
  3     - analog information
  E     - Telephony (voice)

Seeing as Packet and APRS is digital data, not analog telephony, the
mode is 16K0F2D and hence outside the list of modes permitted.

Regards
Darryl, VK5HZ