[OZAPRS] APRS Tracker

Gerard Hill vk2io at amsat.org
Mon Nov 29 12:30:03 EST 2010

Hi Howard,

The hardware/software does the listening for us and makes a decision
about when best to transmit. That is fine - and we all know about the
risks of hidden transmitters. We have made our best effort to avoid
squashing someone else, but of course it still happens. That is a lot
different from totally ignoring any other transmissions and transmitting
anyway. It basically reduces the chance of getting a successful
transmission through to a fraction of what it should be, and increases
the likelihood of QRMing someone else in the process. Its hard to find
merit in that!

I don't want to get into what is actually being transmitted - that's a
whole new topic.

Cheers ... Gerard, VK2IO