[OZAPRS] APRS Tracker

VK6MRG vk6mrg at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 29 11:53:25 EST 2010

I have contacted the manufacture of the crystal locked preamp unit in the
Micro-Trak RTG and getting it made with the correct frequency for Australia.
I contacted Byon from Byonics.com but he was not interested in developing a
unit for the Australian frequency.

I have only just ordered the Micro-Trak RTG and the correct TX preamp, so
when it gets here, and is modified to suit Australia, I'll let you all know
how it works. Also, as to the QRM, the Micro-Trak has adjustable beaconing
intervals, so maybe this can be setup to beacon less frequently to help stop
unwanted QRM?! However, as I live and work in the Pilbara, and currently
there isn't an I-Gate or Digi in the area, I see no problems for this setup,
may only be a problem when I travel to Perth twice a year to get my vehicle
serviced.

And on that note, can someone send me an idiots guide to setting up an
I-gate. Hardware and software requirements, I don't have any VHF
transceivers, so maybe something that Byonics.com offers? Any advice will be
appreciated.