[OZAPRS] APRS Tracker

Ian Bennett ibennett at tpg.com.au
Mon Nov 29 10:56:39 EST 2010

Mathew,
	For HF, I have an OpenTrackerII (OT2) buried inside a Wagner 1729 "coaxed" to
work on 30m ;-)
	For VHF, I have an OT2 buried in a Motorola MCX-100 with the EPROM mod (to
allow the channels to be programmed). The one I have is "headless" so it's
fixed on 145.175MHz.
	I have a Garmin GPS-20 OEM module feeding NMEA to both OT2's.
	I run the same SSID in both OT2's. Not the norm but I'm more concerned with
track correlation. If you want to know how the packet got into the system,
look at the path information.
	Radio mods were not all done by me; Steve (VK2ZSZ) did the Wagner and his
info allowed me to mod the Moto.
	I'm a sook when it comes to carrying "stuff" so I have a MicroTrak AIO when
we go walking. Different SSID for it though. Sometimes I need the laptop in
the "tractor" to digipeat packets into the network.

Ian
VK1IAN