[OZAPRS] Fwd: Stolen Gear VK2XAG

Shaun shaunbaby at optusnet.com.au
Sat Nov 27 08:26:44 EST 2010

After an unfortunate incident where my tom tom met with the electric seat
adjuster.  I obtained a new work issued Garmin. The first thing the tech told
me was not to put my home address in it.  Apparently (possible urban myth to
follow) theives steel GPSs from cars to get your home address.  i.e. If your
home address is not where your car is, odds on you are not home and they go
around and do your house over.

Luckily for me I have a park nearby and have set it as my home address.  So
the GPS still makes the right calculations but the thief will only be able to
knock off some park benches.

Shaun