[OZAPRS] Fwd: Stolen Gear VK2XAG

Joseph Burford joseph at burford.me
Sat Nov 27 02:10:21 EST 2010

> We are making the current location of our stations available to the whole
> world.  We could also be advising people that we are not home - although it
> wouldn't be at all wise for them to bank on it in my case.
>
> I understand that people have abandoned APRS for these reasons.

Gowalla
Foursquare
Facebook Places

A lot of people use various location check in type services and
advertise their where abouts on a constant basis, it's not just hams.

Linked a location based service such as APRS with theft of equipment
is a long bow, IMHO.

However we each have the choice of what we do :)

Cheers,

Joseph