[OZAPRS] Linux command-line only I-gate software with GPS input.

Steve stevez at tpg.com.au
Mon Nov 22 18:00:48 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm after some advice on what Linux i-gate type software allows both a
serial TNC and GPS input.

This will be running on an embedded ARM SoC platform with no X running.

I want to create a mobile I-Gate, but also able to adjust its position
via a GPS input.

I've previously done a similar thing with Xastir on a machine with X,
but until it gets its long-awaited daemon mode, it's not in the race for
what I need. I know I can fool Xastir into thinking it has a GUI, but
then the whole thing starts to get a bit too heavy for the little
platform I'm using..

I've been looking at DIGI-NED and APRX, but neither seem to accept a
direct GPS input. They do have a way of reading a position from a config
file, but that would mean I'd have to read the GPS NMEA separately and
update this file. This wouldn't be too difficult, but I think it's worth
checking if this wheel has already been invented!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Steve (VK2ZSZ).

P.S. for the APRS network planners out there - I don't intend to TX via
RF. It will be RF to Internet only.