[OZAPRS] Ballina area pretty dead for APRS

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Tue Nov 9 12:42:47 EST 2010

Hi Dave,

Now it all falls into place and I know who you are. 6m forwarding, no,
but Geoff did try forwarding to me via the gateway at UNE Armidale, the
digi in Walcha (vk2tbu??)and then vk2plo at Point Lookout, all on 70cm.
It wasn't quite as successful as we had hoped. In fact, complete
disaster is a better description. I think I'd moved on from JNOS by then
and was running Linux. John Tanner, vk2zxq, set me up with a two port
packet switch for Linux (kernel 2.0.29 from memory) that booted from
floppy and ran from RAM disk. One KISS port and one Baycom port. That
was a bit of fun but I never did get the hang of dd to save changes.

Re the TNC's, I'm happy to store them for future activity to the north
and I'm just as happy for someone else to store them. Either way I say
thank you.

Ray vk2tv