[OZAPRS] HF APRS

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sat May 29 17:43:25 EST 2010

Howard,

I normally see vk4's very regularly on 30m but I don't see you.

Many HF Igates, myself included, do not have Digipeat turned on for HF
because it just increases traffic to no advantage. However, I have
turned on Digipeat on my 30m port for a day to give you a chance to
carry out some tests.

A question that might seem stupid - are you sure you're set up for 0k3
data rate for the radio?

You'll likely hit more Igates on 30m than you will on 40m because there
are more to start with and, propagation is less selective.

Ray vk2tv