[OZAPRS] Had all I can take of SignalinkUSB and PEPro

Gerard Hill vk2io at exemail.com.au
Thu May 27 09:29:59 EST 2010

Its really interesting to see the various comments on this.

Recently I tested MixW 2.19, AGW PE 2010.414, AGW PE Pro 2007.514 and my
MFJ 1276 TNC. All were set up to receive 300 bps FSK at ~2100/2300 Hz. A
narrow filter was used in the HF radio which was tuned to 40m. MixW was
set to defaults - 400 Hz filter. The sound card line in was interfaced
to the radio's line out via a 1:1 audio transformer from Jaycar. TNC and
sound card were connected simultaneously to the radio.

My experience when decoding packets was that AGW PE and AGW PE Pro
decoded best and could not be separated. The MFJ 1276 was next best and
then MixW trailed behind. This was a little surprising as I have read
much praise for MixW.

If anyone wants to try this I found the best dial frequency to use is
7039.68 kHz where the BBSs operate. At certain times there is almost
continuous traffic with a mix of short and long packets.

Cheers ... Gerard, VK2IO