[OZAPRS] Nowra VK2MPJ-1 status and a question about TX igate?

The Shack by the Beach vk2him at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 10:06:13 EST 2010

Peter,

Any update on the Nowra digi, it's been MIA for a while now :( ?

My digi is still configured as a wide to compensate, however I have very
intermittent direct access to vk2amw-1 due to Saddleback Mountain blocking
me which means I get 99% of my traffic from vk2amw-2 down at Batemans Bay.
Due to the number of hops it takes to get to me via amw-2, there are usually
no more hops left so although I receive the packets via amw-2 my digi
doesn't re-transmit them as there is nothing left to tx. I could get around
this by turning my current RX igate into a TX igate, but that may cause
collision issues as I do hear and I am heard a few times a day by vk2amw-1
and vk1rgi-1.

Geoff, do you see any issues if my current RX igate was configured as a TX
igate?

Cheers
Ian vk2him
Illawarra Region iGate