[OZAPRS] Advice wanted, tracking a walking person

Darryl Ross d at vk5hz.com
Sat Jun 19 20:36:58 EST 2010

If a foundation licencee is connected via the Internet to the APRS-IS,
then they are not operating a digital station, they are not computer
controlling a remote station and they are not operating a station
directly connected to the PTN - the operator of the igate is doing all
that. The foundation licencee has no direct connection to, and no
control of, any igate.

Having their callsign appear on a digital mode being illegal is wrong
too - it's not really any different from you and I mentioning an
foundation licencee's callsign via DV voice being illegal - the
foundation licencee has no more control over that.

No real difference to an foundation licencee running the echolink
software and connecting to a link or repeater station.

-Darryl, VK5HZ