[OZAPRS] Proposed digi for Mt Nardi

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Jul 23 13:36:34 EST 2010

Hi Steve,

PHG is (P)ower, (H)eight, (G)ain and is sent in a beacon as in this
UIDigi example from VK2RMC-1. Software that handles PHG will display a
coverage circle around the digi site based of the information
transmitted by the digi.

Beacon1Text            =       !3056.77SS15243.92E#PHG5513/ Kempsey, NSW

Beacon2Text            =       !3056.77SS15243.92E#PHG5513/ Kempsey, NSW

Beacon3Text            =       :146.875- *111111z3048.00S/15255.00Er R50k

The 5513 says
5     25W
5     antenna 320 feet above average terrain
1    1dB antenna gain
3    pattern offset towards 135 degrees.

Take a look here for further explanation

http://digined.pe1mew.nl/?How_to:Calculate_PHG_information

The extra S after Latitude causes a green star with the letter S to be
displayed as the digi icon.

Beacons 1 and 2 are identical except for the path. Beacon 1 has no path
set so it is not transmitted beyond the local digi. Beacons 2 and 3 have
a path of WIDE2-2 so that the beacon will be digied over two hops.

Beacon 3 is reporting the frequency and offset (146.875-), time,
location and range of the local voice repeater. The series of 1's
indicates that time is not set

Howzat?

Ray vk2tv