[OZAPRS] Wx Stations

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Mon Jul 5 22:56:48 EST 2010

I'm using a La Crosse WS-2310 (since 2005) and initially I had this
running with VWS (Virtual Weather Station) and Ui-View32. I now use
Linux (Ubuntu) and so now I use open2300 and Xastir.

This particular model I believe has since been replaced, but I'm not
sure with what model.

I've only recently started to upload to Weather Underground (using
wu2300 part of the open2300 source)

to transfer the weather data from the WS-2310 to Xastir is a little
complex, as it is using MySQL then a little application to extract the
data out of MySQL and import into Xastir! this does give some benefits
as then you can use the weather data for multiple applications, for
example the op2300 source provides a simple PHP template to show your
current data in real-time that you can place on a web-server, however
this option isn't going to be for the average user!

The WS-2310 has a serial interface, but I believe that the newer units
now use USB instead (either an FTDI or PL2303 USB to serial)

--
Scott Evans <scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org>