[OZAPRS] 64bit packet programmes (Ben Lindner-VK5JFK)

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Mon Jul 5 20:03:43 EST 2010

Ben.. I would be suprised if anything was written specifically for Windows 7
and or 64 Bit systems as yet.

Are you looking for packet per say as in BBS (using connected frames) or are
you looking for APRS programes ?

I know BPQ32 is still being actively developed and is in use extensively
(probably on Windows 7 machines with FBB etc)

I cant come up with anything really except. WIN-TNC, TsthWin, Sally v3 32
bit for packet and these are all all 32 or 16 bit.

For APRS specifically the closest I could get perhaps would be Xastir in a
VM using a Virtual machine. I think they must have VM for windows 7 by now.
The player would be 64 bit but the actual Virtualisation of xastir would be
32 bit I guess within the player.

Tony Hunt VK5AH

----- Original Message ----- > Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 17:00:57 +0930