[OZAPRS] question suitable handhelds

Paul Mullins pmullins at adam.com.au
Fri Jan 29 11:43:54 EST 2010

Hi there all,
I am back with a question,
I am looking for info has anybody used a Puxing 777 for aprs currently I
am looking for a lower powered transmitter, the pux does 5 watts on hi,
1 watt low power.

Or are there any other radios (handheld) that people have used that work
not to bad.

I have been using some old FM900s' on it and they work very well, just
have to find the correct places to pluck audio from, easy.
Only thing is they use just under 1 amp in standby (rx) remove the head
make it into a local, and you can almost half the current consumption,
and still have 45 watts bursting out the PA.
The only problem is for extended time when the mobile is not driven can
flatten batteries with in a day, winding the output back to a nice 20
watts extends the time to flat but.

Having a hand held device could be useful if not just in the car.

Just thinking out loud, just that the tinytrak FA radio does not receive .

I have 2 TT4s and they are great units.

cheers all
Looking forward to the responses.

Paul
VK5VCO

--
Me, Myself and I accepts no liability for the content of this E-Mail,
or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via E-Mail. The recipient
should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. Me, Myself and I accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this E-Mail.