[OZAPRS] HF beacons

Brian Beamish dinkum at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 28 22:43:57 EST 2010

Hi

I have been using the recommended, see below, parameters on HF for some
years now but today was advised that perhaps I now may have it wrong do I?

HF Digi Path
The path of "APRS v GATE, WIDE" should get your position to a VHF IGate via
an HF gateway
 I have been advised that I should perhaps be using the following:
"Might I humbly suggest changing your path from GATE,WIDE to GATE,WIDE2-1 as
all VHF digis are now New Paradigm and ignore WIDE but will give WIDE2-1 a
single hop to an IGate hopefully"
I may be confused with the above advice as I am gating from HF via a Gate to
VHF or the Net certainly not the other way around.
Personally 90% of my monitoring these days is on the net.
For info I use VK4BBS-15 on HF and VK4BBS-9 on VHF if you happen to spot me
around
VK4BBS-10 on the net
VK4BBS on HF from the home station.
Would like to hear from other HF operators as to what they are using on HF.
73 Brian VK4BBS