[OZAPRS] Weather

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sat Jan 23 11:09:10 EST 2010

Hi All,

I guess this is aimed at Geoff more than anyone else and, it's not a
complaint.

I use xastir and I get maritime weather warnings that do not agree with
BoM warnings.

Earlier this morning I had a wind warning (but no icon). This later
change to displaying the MNC_GLE icon. There is currently only a strong
wind warning for mid north coastal waters and not a gale warning. The
nearest gale warning are for the Illawarra and further south.

My question for Geoff is, is this due to shortcomings in the way the BoM
issue warnings?

I've just checked the xastir display at the radio station and it is also
displaying a gale warning, which tends to rule out a particular
installation having an issue.

Ray vk2tv