[OZAPRS] Path, etc

Howard Small howard at small.com.au
Wed Jan 20 18:16:26 EST 2010

Hi Phillip

The FD digi is a fill-in (advice from Dinesh yesterday) so WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
won't work in the situation I am in. I have changed my handhelds to
VK4BS-1,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 and that seems to work (although only in my very
specific situation. If I go up to Mossman where I need several hops from
fill-ins again it won't so maybe I will need to leave it at
WIDE1-1,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1?) . At the moment there is no major digi within
working distance of me (Kuranda) although it is hoped that may change in the
not too distant future.

Seems the current thinking does not take in to account the possibility that
a station may need several hops via fill-in digis. On the other hand, as
long as the path is only used by locals in the local area it won't cause
problems. The main difficulty then is that travellers going through the area
will not get their packet through.

Perhaps the brains need to give some thought to this problem?

Howard
VK4BS

Hi Howard,

                        I wouldn't use WIDE1-1,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 its not a
recognised path try WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2  which is a world wide standard.

A fillin digi  should only digi-peat on WIDE1-1  and send on 1 hop to the
nearest major Digi where this will act on the WIDE2-2 and send it 2 hops

As I understand it the Foxdelta digi don't act as a fill in its a major digi
unless Dinish has fixed the code..

73 Phillip

ZL2TZE