[OZAPRS] Alice Springs & VK8 APRS

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Tue Jan 5 19:57:20 EST 2010

regarding ISS/PACSAT:
I used it in Western Australia and it worked well using a hand held trx,
but often there is only one or two passes a day from ISS, that you can work.
So timing is critical.
You also need to have a SAT-GATE online at same  time and ISS has to see
both locations (yours and the SAT-GATE) at same time...

So I only know of the SAT-Gate near Adelaide...? So window is only 5 minutes
a day....

vy 73 de Mike