[OZAPRS] Alice Springs & VK8 APRS

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Tue Jan 5 19:47:20 EST 2010

Gday all,
I have done this in outback some years ago,
using a SCS DSP-TNC connected to a Yaesu FT100 in SPLIT-operation mode.

So when hiking  my handheld (OT1+) sent a 1200 baud packet on 2m to the 4x4
vehicle,
it got received by the Yaesu FT100 in FM, decoded by the DSP-TNC (in
Cross-Mode-Gateway mode)
and resend on 30m band on 10.147,6 in 300baud USB.

Benefits: you only need ONE TRX
             and no need for a computer!
             mobile cross band - cross mode digipeater gets ur positions and
messages out to the world and internet.
just save this SPLIT-setting in your trx memory channel and use the
dip-switches of SCS DSP-TNC to toggle mode.

disadvantage: its only one-way

If you need more details, just contact me
oe3mzc at oevsv.at

de Mike
OE3MZC / VK3FPF