[OZAPRS] WXSVR-AU Update - NSW Bushfire info

Warren VK3BYD vk3byd at wia.org.au
Sun Jan 3 17:48:24 EST 2010

Hi Geoff,

I don't know how the RFS decide when a bushfire is a Warning or Advice.
But I would be tempted to push the Under Controls out to 18 hours.
This is on the basis that most of the fires that will generate the most interest will occur in the afternoon.
So a 12 hour expiry will have these BFU disappear from the map in the wee small hours when most of us have gone to bed.
However with an 18 hour expiry they will remain on the map into the next day, when we are up and about, this will keep us better informed about the state of the fire. Rather than having it just disappear from our maps over night

Has the change to Objects only helped with producing Objects for the Victorian fires?

And lastly is there a need to change the UI-View Igate's to pass this new data?

73
Warren.