[OZAPRS] Maritime Mobile Service Identity

Paul Mullins pmullins at adam.com.au
Fri Feb 26 10:37:49 EST 2010

I though that the thread should be renamed a little
Lots of cool marine encoded data, after reading the manual for my
fathers navman 7000 series radio, I started looking up MMSID and found
this info

http://www.amsa.gov.au/Search_and_Rescue/Distress_and_Safety_Communications/Maritime_Mobile_Service_Identity/

Next thing I will have to find out is if a VHF marine licenses are on
the vessel.

So the next time I am in the boat at dads place I am going to have a bit
of a play with the radio and gps and find the 9 digit number the system
has a nickname of SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) , personally I think its
a great idea and plus he also has one of those new epirp that does gps
positioning all great ideas.

  cheers all

Paul

M & M Neno wrote:
> Take a look at this little beauty, it'll just about drive the boat for you.
>

> http://www.standardhorizon.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=83&encProdID=F858763BB81027701141A0167DE2A031&DivisionID=3&isArchived=0
>

> AIS can be quite expensive, if you want to tx a beacon the cheapest would be
> a class B transponder while rx only can be
> quite cheap, this rig fills that requirement and is much cheaper.
>
> 73, Murray, ZL1ARL.

Me, Myself and I accepts no liability for the content of this E-Mail,
or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the
information provided, unless that information is subsequently
confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Me, Myself and I.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via E-Mail. The recipient
should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. Me, Myself and I accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this E-Mail.