[OZAPRS] VHF Propagation and Prediction

Paul Mullins pmullins at adam.com.au
Thu Feb 25 11:20:41 EST 2010

I was wondering if any body up here knows how the VHF marine one works,
is it the same as the HAM APRS? I know its a silly question but, this is
the reason why I ask two weeks ago my parents went out boating the craft
is fitted with some of the latest NAVMAN radio, gps and depth sounding
equipment all of which is interconnected, the radio can send GPS info,
if it is using the same it would be easy for my to know if they have
returned, last time they did not phone and I was preoccupied with other
  stuff going on was not until 8 pm that I knew the time. If the systems
are the same I could track them easy!

I might look up on the navman site or the marine radio and read the
manual but this will be later on.

I love tools that allow the info gathered to be made more readable.

Cheers All

Paul

Steve Page wrote:
> No worries Paul, just trying to spread some good ideas. By the way,
> farthest ship logged was actually yesterday at 1,313 Nautical Miles from
> the (VHF) AIS receiving station. I think that's around 2400 Kms.
>
> 73's
> Steve - VK6HV
>

> Paul Mullins wrote:
>> Thats an excellent site and I am going to show it to others in the local
>> ham group, Many thanks for allowing other to find this tool.
>>
>> Cheers Paul

Me, Myself and I accepts no liability for the content of this E-Mail,
or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the
information provided, unless that information is subsequently
confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Me, Myself and I.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via E-Mail. The recipient
should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. Me, Myself and I accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this E-Mail.