[OZAPRS] javAPRSSrvr UDP Port 1315

Jim Tittsler ZL2IA at OnNZ.net
Mon Feb 15 08:39:50 EST 2010

On 2010-02-14 22:32, Steve Page wrote:
> What does anyone know about javAPRSSrvr UDP Client Port number 1315?
> What is this port used for?

It can be used for the server to send data to a client that requests
it when it logs in via TCP.  It reduces the traffic on the link by
eliminating acks (and retries :-).

> If I were to send some occasional APRS data to it, would it display the
> data on sites like APRS.fi???

No, it is unidirectional from the server to the client.  The client
maintains its TCP connection (mainly for keep alive packets) and can
send its data there as normal.

--
Jim Tittsler  ZL2IA/AI8A/7J1AJH  Gisborne            GPG: 0x01159DB6
http://OnNZ.net/ham/                             QRP/Satellites/APRS