[OZAPRS] APRS computer power consumption

Steve stevez at tpg.com.au
Mon Dec 13 10:55:47 EST 2010

I've been following the power thread and can't remember if anyone's
mentioned all those devices that use the Marvell ARM chipset.
SheevaPLugs, Beagle Boards, Dockstar devices - and many more. All draw
under 5w of power and have "laptop class" performance. Bonus is that
they'll only run Linux too (ok, maybe the ARM port of CE as well, but
how yucky is that!)

I've got a few and they are fantastic. ARM is now my favourite processor ;-)

Steve (VK2ZSZ)