[OZAPRS] smart meters ?

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Sun Dec 12 22:07:19 EST 2010

Out of interest, what PSU are you using to allow it to run off 13.8V?
Quite a few of the boxes in the rack in the garage are EPIA uATX boards,
would LOVE to be able to do away with the big 3KVA UPS before it's time
to replace the SLA's in it in another 6 months time.. :)

Actually at the moment I'm trying to figure out the best way to get 12V
for my external eSata caddies from my 13.8V supply, after one of the
power supplies died leaving me 1.5TB down on the fileserver..  Astone
were completely useless when I emailed them asking for the power supply
specs of their enclosures.. got a reply saying 'the external power
supply supplies 12V at 2A, so you should replace with a similar supply'..
I replied reiterating my request for the enclosures' input suppply range
tolerances, but I don't think they *know* :(

--DG

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust
rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/