[OZAPRS] smart meters ?

Gerard Hill vk2io at amsat.org
Sun Dec 12 10:38:37 EST 2010

How will you match it, Ray? Delta match or T match perhaps?
Maybe its discussed in Wells' article from 1943, but its hard to get
hold of without an IEEE subscription.

Damien, I'm currently using an end-fed inverted L antenna for 30m APRS.
Originally it was designed as a 3/8λ for 160m like this one:
http://www.n8mr.com/topband.html
I've shortened it to about 50m long so that its a 5/4λ on 40m and 7/4λ
on 30m. At 18m high, the horizontal length (32m) is less than an 80m
half wave dipole so it might fit your lot. Polarisation is mixed so the
vertically polarised local mobiles can be received as well as the more
distant stations via sky wave.

Cheers ... Gerard, VK2IO