[OZAPRS] rf earth

Paul Mullins pmullins at adam.com.au
Tue Apr 27 18:29:58 EST 2010

Hi all,
I know when I was emailing the 'big talk' on earthing systems.
I did say to keep them separate, well in a nut shell it is almost impossible
to do so, even here at my own home the two earths get tied together within
the power supply, in the pdfs I have read regarding this very interesting
subject to do or not to do.

Ground loops can and will drive you nuts!

I think maybe the better way to tie the two earths together might be using a
very large inductive coil, maybe some thing that could carry 20 amps? And
place this between the mains earth and the rf earth this way the two from a
technical point of view are as one, but with a twist and coil to allow
spikes? I am only thinking out loud here.

I have been a licensed electrician for over 23 years and earthing is a
subject that is not really taught but learnt over many years.

A RF earth is best though as a high voltage substation earthing system.

It comes down to what you need / want and what you can physically do.

People that are going to do it them self invest in a good meter and test
every connection point.

BEST WAY TO SAY ALIVE, TREAT EVERY CABLE AS IT IS ALIVE, THEN YOU WILL STAY
ALIVE!!

Cheers

Paul