[OZAPRS] HF operation on 40m

Mick vk2cmp at me.com
Fri Apr 23 21:59:38 EST 2010

Giday Tim, Stuart, Scott et al,

thanks for the replies. As the TT4 has been set up and tested OK on 30m I'll assume at this stage that with more
favourable conditions it should work on 7.036. I do have the levels set for HF and VHF (different levels are set for
each bank and selected by a switch) and after soak testing thru the week this works fine on 2/30m. I did however
 try backing off a wee bit more to no avail. So I'll assume that the squid pole by the workshop is too close to the
house for 40m (it does a fine job in the bush).

Thanks also for the info on the decode side of things which is quite interesting. I'll get the 857, SCG tuner and TT4
back in the 4WD tomorrow and try it on the road again.

cheers all - enjoy the long weekend and ANZAC celebrations.
Mick
VK2CMP