[OZAPRS] Igate appliance instead of a PC

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Thu Apr 22 13:20:30 EST 2010

Hi Michael,

I'm building a 12V ATX PC up for an IGate and Digi combination to run on a
hill top. The internet connection will be a USB 3G Modem with external
antenna. We are going to add SiteAlert to one of the serial ports also.

It's a bit of an experiment to see if this type of system is viable long
term. We have run something similar at V3RAW-1 some time ago with no
SiteAlert connection.

You can use a Linksys WRT54GL router as an IGate by adding a DB-9 connector
to the serial port pads on the PCB. See
http://www.dimebank.com/cak/k6dbg/k6dbg_igate.html and
http://9w2tpt.blogspot.com/2009/06/standalone-digipeater-igate-i-like-idea.h
tml