[OZAPRS] SatGate - UIView settings

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Wed Sep 30 14:30:06 EST 2009

Boy is there something ammiss here or is it just me??

 Its been a while since Ive played with the satellites.
Have a look here. This seems correct
http://www.aprs.net.au/satellite/aprs-satellite
http://www.aprs.net.au/satellite/aprs-capable-satellites

The path breaks down like this
ARISS  this is the generic alias on many spacecraft
SGATE this is the generic alias for ground based Satellite gates and x-band
digis
WIDE2-1 this is a extra alias inserted for ground based systems that are not
connected directly to the internet so they can make a single hop into a VHF
terestrial network and then into an Igate off that network.

So the path boils down to perhaps
via ARISS,SGATE,WIDE2-1
or
RS0ISS-4,SGATE,WIDE2-1    this is ISS specific

If you want the WIDE2-1 is optional but serves as extra insurance. Note the
RS0ISS-4 not R0ISS-4 as Richard put on there. Probably just a typo.

So in setting up a ground station (depending on how your doing it) you need
to make sure it will get frames with SGATE in them as the next digi somehow
to the internet.

Tony and Eva Hunt  wavetel at internode.on.net