[OZAPRS] Internet Servers in Oceania observations and sugestions

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Sun Sep 13 11:01:54 EST 2009

This is the filter in question ...

saDefaultFilter14577=m/100 e/WXSVR-AU

I've just selected 1/2 a dozen T2's to see there port listings and it
kind of looks like there isn't a "set" standard! but that's not to say
that there shouldn't be some consistency across the three T2's here in
OC! However, there is a push to make all stations use port 14580 and
roll there own filters! for some this can be a little off putting IMHO!
Most would be unaware that there are individual state filters from
10142-10148 with the last digit being the state ID (VK1/2 are combined!)

Here in VK7 a 100km radius really only leaves you covering yourself as
the three main populated areas are greater than 100km apart! so
wondering if the 100km should be bumped to 200km?  its only one figure
to change in the configuration file!

So I'm agreeable with Tony on this! ;)