[OZAPRS] BMARC Expedition to Poeppels Corner

Geoff geoff-lists at gatwards.org
Sat Sep 5 08:37:14 EST 2009

Had an update last night from Peter VK2US, (who had to return to Sydney due
to catastrophic vehicle failure).

The HF Gateway was definitely transferred to VK2SS's vehicle, however it
seems there may be some difficulty in getting it operational.   I'm not sure
that we will see anything from the guys via HF unfortunately, although we
have relayed two suggestions to them:
1 - Re-wire one of the mobile TT3/TT4 units to the HF rig so that we can see
one posit (one is better than none)
2 - Retune the VHF trackers to the ISS frequency and have some possibility
of occasional satellite pickups

The guys made it to Poeppels corner last night, and will be there for today
and I believe leaving tomorrow morning, so if you want a contact with
VK2HZ/P4+5+8 give them a try on HF Voice - they are usually around 7.080,
but I'm guessing 20m could be given a run during the day.

Thanks again to all the HF gates that are listening out - they may still
make an appearance yet....

Cheers,
Geoff